PV Engineering Manager – Italy M/F
According to profile, degree and experience
Availability : April 2021
GÉNÉRALE DU SOLAIRE is a leading French independent solar power producer with 200 MW in operation and 1 GW in development worldwide. Its international subsidiary GDS International has opened an office in Milan in 2019 and is very active in the Italian market to originate, acquire and develop greenfield solar projects.
In order to support its fast-growing activity in Italy, GÉNÉRALE DU SOLAIRE is looking for a PV Engineering Manager with at least 5 years of experience in a similar role.
As PV Engineering Manager, you will lead the technical dimensions of each project both during Development and Construction phases. More specifically, your responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the Country Manager and the Project Development team, managing key technical decisions required during the local permitting process.
- Understanding the technical constraints of the proposed projects, identifying the best available solutions and making technical recommendations.
- Coordinating the technical due diligence of M&A opportunities, undertaking reviews and delivering appropriate feedback to support the valuation.
- And more generally, harmonizing the technical design best practices across all projects and taking the lead on all technical matters.
Transversal missions :
In addition to project related activities and business development activities, the PV Engineering Manager shall be involved in transversal missions contributing to the global success of GÉNÉRALE DU SOLAIRE :
- Contribution to the development of institutional relations, representing GÉNÉRALE DU SOLAIRE at events or within bodies;
- Continuous improvement of development tools and processes;
- Continuous improvement of internal skills, sharing good practices across all teams and contributing to the training of new employees;
- Contribution to competitive benchmark and general strategy;
Location : Milan – Italy
• At least 5 years of experience in a similar role
Skills and qualities
• Proactive, energetic, and dynamic attitude
• Ability to manage time efficiently and autonomously
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Up-to-date knowledge of solar technologies and strong understanding of their interactions within a system, grid connections, etc
• Mastery of all required technical deliverables for a solar project in Italy (drawings, layouts, single line diagrams, technical reports, etc.)
• Good knowledge of all dimensions of a solar project from development to construction, from commissioning to operations
• Ability to supervise site inspections during development and construction phases, to assist with assurance matters and quality management, and to ensure effective monitoring of performance
• Italian and English fluency, French proficiency is a plus.