PV Engineering Manager / Technical Director – Italy M/F
According to profile, degree and experience
Availability : January 2022
GÉNÉRALE DU SOLAIRE was created in 2008 at the initiative of Daniel Bour. The Group is specialised in developing, engineering, procurement, construction (EPC), financing and operating solar power plants. The Group is also an independent power producer.
GÉNÉRALE DU SOLAIRE manages turnkey solar projects, from the development stage until commissioning, operation and maintenance (O&M). The Group is one of the leading rooftop and ground mounted PV system players in France.
GDS International is the branch of the GÉNÉRALE DU SOLAIRE Group dedicated to developing solar projects outside France’s domestic market.
If you would like to be part of our Group, we are looking for a PV Engineering Manager with at least 5 years of experience in a similar role.
In the development phase, the group requires to strengthen its engineering support to ensure that we use the most optimized solutions for our investments.
The PV Engineering Manager plays an active part in the project working closely with the development team, then with the construction team, coordinating the technical and design aspects of PV schemes to ensure Best Available Technologies are adopted.
Working in the Engineering and Construction team, the PV Project Engineer will lead the technical management of PV schemes across the Development and Construction phases. The PV Engineering Manager will:
• Support the Development stage Project Manager developing technical solutions required for company projects during the local permitting process.
• Understand the technical constraints of the proposed schemes and develop the best solutions
• Coordinate the engineering review of M&A opportunities, undertaking and commissioning due diligence activities to aid valuations
We expect the PV Engineering Manager to harmonize the projects technical design and to lead on the technical matters. She/he will require a curious mind and be efficient with time management. Autonomous in attitude, she/he need to be able to coordinate across the company in the most appropriate way.
Transversal missions :
In addition to project related activities and business development activities, the Employee shall be involved in some transversal missions contributing to the global success of the group :
• Contribution to the development of international institutional relations, and representation of the group at events or within bodies;
• Continuous improvement of development tools and processes;
• Continuous improvement of internal skills, sharing of good practices in project development, contribution to the training of new employees;
• Contribution to competitive intelligence and general strategy
Location : Milan – Italy
• At least 5 years of experience in a similar role
Skills and qualities
- Engineering review of existing designs, optimization of designs to ensure maximum output at best economical conditions
- Up to date knowledge of PV equipment, their interactions within a system, grid connections, etc
- Creation of technical drawings and other such submissions, report writing, clear communication skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills ;
- Mastering all dimensions of a solar project
- Monitoring of quality outputs on site, assistance to Construction team
- Site inspections of works in progress, assist in quality assurance matters
- English and Italian fluent are mandatory, French is a plus