Who we are
GÉNÉRALE DU SOLAIRE was created in 2008 at the initiative of Daniel Bour. The Group is specialised in developing, engineering, procurement, construction (EPC), financing and operating solar power plants. The Group is also an independent power producer.
GÉNÉRALE DU SOLAIRE manages turnkey solar projects, from the development stage until commissioning, operation and maintenance (O&M). The Group is one of the leading rooftop and ground mounted PV system installers in France. The Group is very active on the international photovoltaic market, where dynamic emerging countries make a significant contribution to the Group’s growth.
- 400 MWp capacity of power plants owned by the group in France and 50 MWp in Italy
- 1.2 GWp capacity in development in France
- 100 M€ turnover for 2022, 120 M€ turnover projected in 2023
- 400 winning projects at the French Energy Regulatory Commission (CRE) bids
- 100 employees for Générale du Solaire’s group. Offices in Paris, Montpellier, Bordeaux, Milan and Dakar
- 300 MWp under development in Italy and 100 MWp under development in Africa
Since 2012, GÉNÉRALE DU SOLAIRE has expanded its activities abroad with the construction of power plants in Italy, Switzerland and United Kingdom. The group is very active in Africa (Cameroon, Togo, Morocco, Senegal, Ivory Coast, Ghana, Kenya, etc.), in South Asia and in the Middle East (Kuwait and Lebanon), where dynamic emerging markets contribute significantly to the Group’s growth.
GÉNÉRALE DU SOLAIRE’s recognised expertise:
building-integrated photovoltaic systems (built on flat or pitched roofs)
ground mounted photovoltaic systems (using fixed structures or solar trackers)
new construction projects (parking shelters, commercial buildings, agricultural sheds, photovoltaic greenhouses, etc.)
innovative techniques (self-consumption, energy storage solutions, hybrid off-grid photovoltaic systems, etc.)
GÉNÉRALE DU SOLAIRE offers tailored solutions for :
the public sector and the local authorities
small and medium businesses in the service sector
large industrial companies